Tuesday, November 07, 2006

(Literary) Girls Night Out






















Continuing the week in pictures-


Monday night: I went to a reading at the Beauty Bar in the Mission. This seems to be a new trend: readings in bars, works for me.

The works were not the usual type of books I would read, fiction with plucky female protagonists, but it was an entertaining way to kill a Monday night. The interior of the Beauty Bar is lushly extravagant. The writers were: Heather O’Neill, Emily Maguire, and Sarah Hall. I was drawn to this event because of my curiosity with Emily Maguire; I read her guest blog at Powell's and liked her style. Her story vignette from her book, Taming the Beast, was the most provocative, but as I mentioned before, I usually don't read those types of books.

Pictures came out bleary due to not using flash.

Pictures:

1. Sunset on my home from work
2. BART passenger
3. Emily- profile far left
4. Dogmister- outside the bar