Sunday, March 18, 2007

floruit



"We, amnesiacs all, condemned to live in an eternally fleeting present, have created the most elaborate of human constructions, memory, to buffer ourselves against the intolerable knowledge of the irreversible passage of time and the irretrievability of its moments and events." attributed to Geoffrey Sonnabend from Mr. Wilson's Cabinet of Wonder- Lawrence Wescher

Some random brainthought bubbles floating around in my head the last month or so:

Individualism has been sold to the Americans, like cheap, overpackaged plastic toys.

I hate the sound that my teeth make when they hit the edge of my glass when I drink.

There exists a restaurant jazz which splays into enough spazzy chaos to inspire spirited conversation amongst diners and servers, yet slides into a smoothness to allow pause for thoughtful tasting.