Friday, April 06, 2007

my good-riddance friday

some thoughts during the week:

A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is one who hopes they are.
--Chauncey Depew



"…the test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."
- F. Scott Fitzgerald The Crack Up

"…I only wanted absolute quiet to think out why I had developed a sad attitude toward sadness, a melancholy attitude toward melancholy, and a tragic attitude toward tragedy- why I had become identified with the objects of my horror or compassion.
- F. Scott Fitzgerald Pasting it Together



Globe-trotting bartender, what a life!


An article I read last night, how we really fucked up in Iraq and still are fucking up, too bad.

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2007/03/26/070326fa_fact_packer/