Wednesday, March 22, 2006

eidetic

"The most mediodre libertine has dreamt of sultanas; every notary bears within him the debris of a poet." "...and his heart, like the people who can only stand a certain amount of music, became drowsy through indifference to the vibrations of a love whose subtleties he could no longer distinguish." Madame Bovary - Gustave Flaubert



Finished reading Madame Bovary the other night, it enervated me, it extinguish any hope of feeling a fulfillment in romantic love. But after finishing the book, I felt relief; after all, as I said before, it is a vivisection of limerance. And if one has experienced both limerance and love, the difference between the two, although at first indifferentialy similar, once crossing the threshold of depth - the contradistinction is shiningly apparent.

So therefore I have hope again…..



Another duodecimal poem- stolen from Debord:

contain
certain conspiratorial
allures.


And a link to a place I would like to visit in CA: