Friday, May 26, 2006

And even more Valencia Spain pictures

Go here for more, I couldn't make blogger work for me.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90508392@N00/sets/

Here's a nice story about Ian McHarg- landscape architect & visionary. I'm currently reading his Design with Nature.

He learned that Harvard University, in distant New England, had a good program, so he wrote that august institution a letter informing them of his intention to study there. He did not apply, mind you, or complete any pre requisite undergraduate courses. He just told Harvard when he was coming, appeared on schedule, and began taking classes, never considering any possibility but his admittance to a course of study. Unsure as to how to handle the upstart designer, the academic authorities opened their classrooms and granted him his degree, or, in his words, "After the war I spend four years at Harvard where I received assurances that I was a professional landscape architect and city planner."