Sunday, January 01, 2006

End of 2005 list

lists, lists, everyone is doing it.

I can't list the best music of 2005- because- I have no idea- I don't even remember what CD's I bought! I listened to some great music for sure, saw great things- but this is what I kept track of: the books I've read-

so for 2005- all the books I read, cover to cover:

The Charmes Circle: Gertrude Stein and Company by James R. Mellow

Panegyric by Guy Debord

The Giver by Lois Lowry (recommended by a friend)

Selected Writings by Gerard Nerval

Eccentrics: A Study of Sanity and Strangeness by Dr. David Weeks & Jamie James

The Passionate Nomad: The Diary of Isabelle Eberhardt

The Great Shadow and other Stories by Mario de Sa-Carneiro

Wittgenstein's Ladder by Marjorie Perloff

Seductresses by Betsy Prioleau

Bruges-la-Morte by Goerges Rodenbach

Illuminations by Walter Benjamin

Mallarme by Wallace Fowlie

Psychoanalysis of Fire by Gaston Bachelard (the 2nd time)

Days and Nights: A Novel of a Deserter by Alfred Jarry

Red Diaper Baby by Josh Kornbluth (recommended by a friend)

Chants de Maldoror by Lautreamont

The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold

Invention of Clouds by Richard Hamblyn

Scanner Darkly by Philip K.Dick

You are alone real to me: Remembering Rilke by Lou Andreas-Salome

Hollow City by Rebecca Solnit

Interaction of Color by Josef Albers

Angels of Perversity by Remy de Gourmont

Love and Limerance by Dorothy Tennov

Mina Loy- An American Modernist Poet by Virgian Kouidis

The Story of a Nobody by Anton Chekov

Mauve: How one man invented a color that changed the world by Simon Garfield

Memoirs of a Madman by Gustave Flaubert

Life of a Good-for-Nothing by Joseph von Eichendorff

The Perpetual Orgy by Mario Vargas Llosa