Tuesday, May 16, 2006

bagatelle

"I read Proust in my room while eating marzipan." - Walter Benjamin Moscow Diaries




I'm back. Its quite unreal to be at work after the ten days that I lived through. The highlights include meeting some pretty curious people and wandering around Paris' streets.

I read a whole book on mosses on the plane ride overseas. I lost Thursday to traveling. After stopping in Charles deGaulle International Airport, and having a peccadillo with some airline transfering; flying in a hot, crowded plane with a screaming kid, we finally arrived in Valencia at the expected time. We were exhausted in in need of a shower. Friday evening was spent watching the performances of Jason Kahn and Daniel Menche. Afterwards, the four of us had dinner at a little local diner around the corner of our hotel. Then Daniel, Mic and I wandered around the area of our hotel to stumble upon an artichoke field, listening to bats.

Museum of Science where the performances
held. Architect: Santiago Calatrava

Artichoke field a few blocks from our hotel-