Wednesday, May 31, 2006

pleocytosis

** a little break from Europe now**

Why the world (specifically the United States) drives me crazy- stories like this- (you need a subscription to read the whole story-but you can get the point). URBAN PLANNING!! Such a little important thing, and yet something Americans don't quite grasp!!!

Maybe I'm just obsessing on that because I'm spending my global warming summer focused on that subject. And on that note- from the Italian visionary/architect-
Paolo Soleri-

"Perhaps we are wasting our best energies in trying to get in touch with our creator. The sad thing is that, as far as I know, the creator is not there. We are self-creating." Paolo Soleri The Urban Ideal

And if global warming issues haven't aggravated and disturbed you enough- here's another reason- itchier poison oak!


I spent this weekend: practicing piano, reading, walking around, and writing a sestina. Maybe if it gets posted- I'll send you the link!