Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Art Murmur #3- and weekend

My weekend:

Is it absurd to write about your weekend when it's already Wed.? touché

Fri. I finally some home from brutal work. I meet with G.- we head out to Bootling gallery, its another Oakland Art Murmur, and since all the galleries are within a mile of my house, I should go...…

Bootling was crowded with people and art. Painting & drawings crammed on the wall- edge to edge, only marked by a number. There was a list that informed you of the art piece and its creator. I was surprised to see that I knew at least 3 people on that list (I always think I know no one and am surprised if I know anyone). But it was too people-filled and since it was hard to view art, we left, plus we had to meet A at the usual spot, the Dork Club- (I mean Stork). A was there, in her beauty, as always- she was in a sexy-casual look this evening, with eyeglass frames and Converse shoes, which finished the whole ensemble. A had tequila, G had a martini, I had vodka (I learned from last time).
Then we hit Mama Buzz- gelatinous prints of landscapes? I remember saying something controversial to a guy- then having to explain myself to his girlfriend, taking her by the arm and trying to understand a work with a character embodying informe (fr), having a discussion with a couple of other guys about the body which transgresses it's boundaries, running into a couple of more people I knew- surprise!!
G wanted a t-shirt but the shirts were too big. So we left.

Next stop- Ego Park- we took off our shoes for this one. A spotted a pair of pumps which drove her ecstatic- she tried them on and posed while G took some pictures-the pumps' owner came back, a bit surprised, not quite sure what to say to this red-haired woman who was wearing her shoes. However, she was a good sport and retrieved her shoes. A chatted with a boy and a girl with a little shivery dog- which I pet- then the girl handed over the dog, and I walked around looking at art with the little shaking dog.
Then off to the next gallery- 21 Grand...…

After a drink and watching slightly eery videos projected on the back wall- the vibe here was pretty mellow- A & G chatted up a few fellows- I think I just wandered around and looked at art. After going outside, I feel into conversation with 3 older women about boobs- and confessing that I did not wear a bra- they were stunned....and jealous.
A, G & I left with one of the women (a curator, I think) and headed out to 33 Grand, A & I skipping, hand in hand, while G conversed with the woman.

Large scale muted drawing of overview perspectives on landscapes. A ran into a older friend she knew, who seemed enthusiatic in joining us to the next gallery, but I think his boyfriend wasn't down with that. So we left.

A took us to Auto gallery- the one I wanted to go to all evening. But she left us and went to continue her evening elsewhere. Great photos at Auto, and as always, Tracy was a gracious host, it was nice to see her again. All the wine had been drunk; and stragglers were trying to find their last party, or finish their last conversation. In other words, the gallery was open enough to see the art, with little to no competition. We did head back to Bootling, but it was still quite packed- then after we ate at Koryo-(Lanesplitters was too much of a packed, wait for an hour, scene) we finally had a moment to see the art, before the proprietors closed down the gallery and turned off the light.

Then Sat. was spent waking up at 7Am- to go to U.C. Berkeley class on Natural Historians, Botanists and other adventurers for both Sat. & Sun. This was held at the Jepson Herbaruim. This place is amazing- even its acoustics. more details to come.....