Thursday, July 20, 2006

Nescient





















Arcades in Paris- Passage Verdeau





















Passage Panorama






"Writing and publication will be less and less a sign of distinction. In keeping with our electoral and industrial customs, everyone, at least once in his life, will have his page, his treatise, his prospectus, his toast--will be an author." Saint Beuve [U9,2] from The Arcades Project by Walter Benjamin



This is my 100th post, so I will take a hiatus from this blog for the summer. I will re-visit it after September to consider how I want to proceed, if I want to continue; and where I want this blog to go- intellectually.
Instead, I plan to spend the summer reading more books, playing the piano, taking pictures, collecting more words, volunteering, practicing psychogeography (or just being a flâneur), learning more of everything, and trying to be a good friend.